Friday, June 13, 2008

Driving 95 and the HOV lane

Last weekend, I decided to go to Baltimore, which is my hangout-spot.  I think I got on I95 at around 5:30 p.m on Saturday.  No sooner had I gotten to either the Dumfries or Quantico exit, traffic was at a stand still.  WTF?  I thought I was escaping traffic by leaving so late.

I enviously watched the HOV drivers speed up the highway.  Damnit, oh how I wish I had got on! I always wondered what was the purpose of using HOV on the weekends.  The one time I tried, I missed my exit because I didn't know quite how to get off.  So, I vowed to never get on it again.  And at other times, it seems that HOV is as slow as the rest.  But I think I have learned my lesson now:  Ride at all times (in accordance with the open HOV rules, of course!)!

And what was stopping traffic up on I95 going northbound and southbound?...All I saw was one cop that had pulled someone over IN THE HOV LANE between the Lorton and Springfield exits!!!!  After that point, it was all clear.  What is wrong with people here and how do you all put up with this madness?